Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lunch break

Lunch? cool! on my way to the restaurant, i could not help but wonder if we would have something different to talk about? I have not seen you in like....a month? Everything with you is somewhat dramatic. I get it, because i have a certain flare for the dramatics myself. Sometimes when i'm with you i feel emotionally drained and can't stop wondering what our "friendship" is about..

You: No let's sit over there..
Me: Sure
We get to the table she picked out
You: uhmmm...nah...lets sit over there instead
Me: Sure
We move to the new table
You: You know...i think we should probably sit down next to the Christmas tree.
It will give us that Christmassy feel while we eat...what do you think?
At this time all i wanted to do was just sit once and for all


We eventually sit down and your first topic of conversation was about a lady you have complained about severally. We talk about how weird she is, How much she loves attention, how much trouble she has been to all and sundry. I felt myself getting worked up, my blood starting to pump as i talked about how much i disliked a lady whom i have never interacted with on a personal level. We talked about this for about an hour.Then we talked about your job *thank God you didn't complain about anybody* . Soon it was time for us to part ways as we had exceeded our lunch break. On my drive home, i felt emotionally restless, what is it about you that keeps me drained? You are an amazing person, we have great intellectual conversations, you help bring out the fun side of my personality, and i love your boldness. However, i usually leave our meetings emotionally drained. Why did you have to complain about how your salad was mixed? why did you have to complain about the services? why did you have get involved in an awkward banter about salad with the waiter? why did we have to talk about someone we talk about all the time and it is always same complaint?. Why don't you just choose your battles and let somethings go? The world does not operate on an auto pilot to satisfy you. I know i am difficult in my own way but could we have had a nice lunch break with no headaches? But, again you have a flare for the dramatics and i guess that is why you are my "friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment